Buy smart shoesIt might seems a little obvious, but so often you find working holiday travelers who have 4 of 5 pairs of shoes. This may fit in with their fashion needs but it's super impractical when you are on the road and have to carry them everywhere. Its bulk and weight and going to slow you down. Travel with too much luggage and the airlines are going to give you trouble as well and want to charge you more money for "excess luggage".
So it's very common to find people making most of their way in the favourite pair of flip flops fashion dictates they are typically Havaianas.
Apart from that it's a good idea to just have one other pair of shoes except the ladies you're allowed a second pair for special occasions.
The most important pair of shoes that you have in your luggage other ones that you wear the rest of the time. These other ones that your way for long walks hiking, when you need to dress up a bit, for work, and when you need to get into nightclubs or want to impress.
So rather than buying a pair of Nike knock-offs in Thailand or worse still two pairs, it is well worth shopping hard and long until you find one pair that cross-over for all these purposes. You'll be looking for a pair of shoes that fit all these needs and the they need to be:
- Comfortable and perfect fit so you can wear them long distances
- Suitably styled so you can clean them you have a bit of a polish and wear them out
- Have protection for your toes so you can wear them in work environments
- Respectful enough that you can wear them to a job interview and give the right impression. (Lots of people look at shoes as an indication of the person)
- Able to be used for hiking if you head into the hills, and at least a little water proof.
With these great shoes in your pack you will feel ready for any occasion regardless of work, pleasure or play.